Mr. VIVEK CHANDRAMOHAN
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No : +91 9902382083, 0816-2214039
Mr. Vivek Chandramohan is working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology of SIT, Tumkur. He has obtained his B.Sc Degree in Plant Biotechnology and Bioinformatics and M.Sc in Bioinformatics from Bharathiar University, India. He is pursuing his Ph.D in Biotechnology under VTU, India. Prior to this position, he was working as Senior Bioinformatics Analyst at Aetitea Life Sciences Research Ltd, Chennai. His area of interests is Genomics and Proteomics (Cancer Genomics and Metabolomics), Next Generation Sequencing and Big data analysis (Cloud Computing), Molecular modelling and Drug designing. He has also worked as the coordinator for Biotechnology Finishing School (BTFS) – PG Diploma in Bioinformatics and Rational Drug Designing. He has received several awards and has 21 publications and 2 patent filed to his credit. He is working with people from many national and international universities. He has delivered more than 24 guest lecture from various colleges. He has attended and participated in more than 12 national ans international conferences. He has a professional membership of Chemical Science Transactions.
||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum
||Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
||Plant Biology and Biotechnology
||Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
||Biotechnology Finishing School (BTFS), Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
||Sep 2014 to till date
||Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
||Sep 2011 to till date
|Senior Bioinformatics Analyst
||Aetitea Life Sciences Research Ltd, Chennai.
||Sep 2009 to Aug 2011
||Name of the Investigator
||Title of the Project
||Amount in Rs
MR. VIVEK CHANDRAMOHAN
DR. B S GOWRISHANKAR
|IDENTIFICATION OF DRUG RESISTANT MUTATION IN BREST CANCER SAMPLE USING NEXT GENERATION SEQUENCING APPROACH
||2016 – 17
AREA OF INTERESTS / RESEARCH
- Genomics and Proteomics (Cancer Genomics and Metabolomics)
- Next Generation Sequencing and Big data analysis (Cloud Computing)
- Molecular modeling and Drug designing
HONOURS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Patent filed – Potential Inhibitor of Dengue Virus NS2B-NS3 Protease
- Secured 3rd place for the award of Best Poster abstract titled “Identification and evaluation of potential lead compound for Parkinson’s disease by in silico and proteomics approach” at The 13th Annual MCBIOS (MidSouth Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Society) Conference – March 3-5, 2016 organized by Memphis University, Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America (USA). Awarded 100 $ & with Travel Award.
- Oral Presentation at First UAEU Symposium on Biological Sciences, United Arab Emirates University, Dubai on November 13-15 2016. with Travel Award.
- Secured 2nd place for the award of Best Poster abstract titled “Comparative modulating effect of Embelin and Sulfasalazine against NF-KB: in silico and in vivo studies” at International Conference on Structural and Functional Genomics (ICSAFG 2013) organized by SASTRA university, India.
- Dr. Meenakshisundaram Balasubramaniam, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Little Rock, AR, USA
- Dr. Sathishkumar. N, Post Doctoral Researcher, Sunchon National University, Suncheon,Republic of Korea
- Dr. S. Sreenivasa, Department of Studies and Research in Chemistry, Tumkur University, Tumkur, Karnataka, India.
- Dr. H.S. Lalithamba, Department Chemistry, SIT, Tumkur, Karnataka, India.
- Dr. Keshava Prasad, Institute of Bioinformatics, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- Bharath Yoganarasimha, Vivek Chandramohan*, Krishna Murthy Thirupathihalli Pandurangappa, Bhavya Somalapura Gangadharapp, Gowrishankar Bychapur Siddaiah, Makari Hanumanthappa. (2016). Prediction of deleterious single nucleotide polymorphisms and their effect on sequence and structure of human CCND1 gene. Taibah University Medical Sciences. (In press)
- H. Raja Naika, S. Bhavana, Jaime A. Teixeira Da Silva, K. Lingaraju, Vivek Chandramohan, V. Krishna. In silico and in vivo wound healing studies of ursolic acid isolated from Clematis gouriana against GSK-3 beta. NUSANTARA BIOSCIENCE (2016) 8 (2), 232-244.
- S. Sreenivasa , Shivaraja.G , Vivek Chandramohan , Shwetha S.N , Aliyaarif and Guruprasad.K.S. (2016). Synthesis, Characterization, Antibacterial and Docking Study of Sulfonamide Derivatives Journal of Applicable Chemistry. 5 (5):1089-1096.
- Poornima G. Hiremath, Navya P.N., Vivek Chandramohan, Thomas Theodore. Isolation, screening, and identification of fungal organisms for biosorption of fluoride: Kinetic study and statistical optimization of biosorption parameters. Journal of Biochemical Technology. (2016) 7(1): 1069-1077.
- Uma, K., Lalithamba, H. S., Raghavendra, M., Vivek Chandramohan, & Anupama, C. (2016). Synthesis of Nα-protected aminoacid/peptide Weinreb amides employing N, N’-carbonyldiimidazole as activating agent; studies on docking and antibacterial activities. ARKIVOC, 4, 339 – 351. (Impact Factor – 1.65).
- Naika, H. R., Lingaraju, K., Vivek Chandramohan., & Krishna, V. (2015). Evaluation of Phytoconstituents and Molecular Docking Against NS3 Protease of Hepatitis C Virus. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacology, 2(2), 96-103.
- Vivek Chandramohan*., Kaphle, A., Chekuri, M., Gangarudraiah, S., & Bychapur Siddaiah, G. (2015). Evaluating Andrographolide as a Potent Inhibitor of NS3-4A Protease and Its Drug-Resistant Mutants Using In Silico Approaches. Advances in virology, 2015. (Citations≥2)
- Vivek Chandramohan*, Navya Nagaraju, Shrikant Rathod, Anubhav Kaphle & Uday Muddapur. “Identification of Deleterious SNPs and Their Effects on Structural Level in CHRNA3 Gene.” Biochemical genetics (2015): 1-10. (Impact Factor – 0.952). (Citations≥1)
- Naika, H. Raja, V. Krishna, K. Lingaraju, Vivek Chandramohan, Manjunath Dammalli, P. N. Navya, & D. Suresh “Molecular docking and dynamic studies of bioactive compounds from Naraveliazeylanica (L.) DC against glycogen synthase kinase-3β protein.” Journal of Taibah University for Science 9, no. 1 (2015): 41- 49. (Citations≥2).
- Jagatheesh K, Vivek Chandramohan & ElangovanNamasivayam. “In Silico Evaluation of Anti-Cancer Peptides on Brca1 Targeting”, Asian Journal of Biological Sciences, (2014), 7(4), 178-182.
- Dammalli Manjunath, Vivek Chandramohan, Mahantesh Iranna Biradar, Navya Nagaraju & Bhavya Somalapura Gangadharappa “In silico analysis and identification of novel inhibitor for new H1N1 swine influenza virus.” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease 4 (2014): S635-S640. (Citations≥4).
- Vivek Chandramohan*, Manjunath Dammalli, Mahantesh Biradar, Richard L. Jayaraj, Paresh Nath Kundu & B S Gowrishankar.”Structure prediction and active site analysis of new h1n1 neuraminidase: target for antiviral drug design.” Chemical Science Transactions, (2014), 3(4), 1460-1468.
- H.B.V. Sowmya, T.H. Suresha Kumara, Gopalpur Nagendrappa, Jerry P. Jasinski , Sean P. Millikan, Vivek Chandramohan, Gilish Jose, S.K. Rashmi, N. Chandrika & Appaji M. Ashwini. “Synthesis and Molecular Docking Study of Novel Pyrazolo[3,4-b] quinoline Derivatives” Journal of Applicable Chemistry, (2014), 3 (6).
- Vineeth B, Priyanka B, Ramesh B S, Makari Hanumanthappa K, Vinay Suvarna M N & Vivek Chandramohan. “Isolation and partial characterization of Cronobactersakazakii by 16S rRNA sequence analysis isolated from milk of dairy cows with Mastitis in Chikmagalur, Karnataka, INDIA”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, (2014), 5(4), P. 671-680.
- Hamsa, N. S., Vandana P. Nair, Vivek Chandramohan, and Seema J. Patel. “Pharmacophore elucidation and docking studies on anti-inflammatory compounds of medicinal plants for ulcerative colitis.” Asian journal of pharmaceutical and clinical research 6, no. 3 (2013). (Citations≥4).
- Nair Vandana P, N S Hamsa, Vivek Chandramohan, Patel Seema.“In-silico docking studies for the comparative analysis of natural and synthetic compounds against leptospirainterrogans”, J, International Journal of Drug Development & Research. (2013), 5(3), P. 361-370.
- Richard.L.Jayaraj, Vivek Chandramohan, ManjunathDammalli, John Ravindar D, Manigandan K, Pavan Kumar Padarthi, NamasivayamElangovan. “Computational Strategy for Identifying Inhibitors of AlphaSynuclein Aggregation In Parkinson Disease”, An International Journal of Advances in Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2013, 4(5), P. 1029-1045.
- Kavyashree U, Thirveni T G, Vivek Chandramohan. “In Silico Novel Synthetic Drug Design and Pharmcophore Analysis for Campylobacteriosis”, International Journal of Pharmacy Research and Technology, 2013, 3(3), P. 19-24.
- Makari Hanumanthappa K, Palaniswamy M, Angayarkanni J, Manjunath Dammalli, Vivek Chandramohan. “16S rRNA partial sequence analysis of Ralstoniasolanacearum isolated from wilting ginger (Zingiberofficinale) and potato (Solanumtuberosum) crops in Hassan District, Karnataka”, IJSR – International Journal Of Scientific Research, 2013, 2 (11), P. 2277 – 8179.
- PadarthiPavan Kumar, Vivek Chandramohan, and Richard L. Jayaraj. Jagatheesh K and ElangovanNamasivayam. “Chalcones as effective Antimicrobials–a comparative in silico approach” International Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences 3, no. 4 (2012): 67-74. (Citations≥3).
- Richard L Jayaraj, Vivek Chandramohan, Elangovan Namasivayam. “Nanomedicines for parkinson disease: current Status and future perspective”, Int J Pharm Bio Sci, (2013), 4(1), P. 692 – 704. ISSN: 0975-6299. (Citations≥1)
WORKSHOP / CONFERENCE / FDP ATTENDED / GUEST LECTURES DELIVERED
GUEST LECTURES DELIVERED
- Invited as a resource person for one day workshop on “Basics of New generation sequencing and its applications” organized by Department of Microbiology, Indian Academy Degree College, Bangalore on 7th April 17.
- Invited as a resource person for the UGC Sponsored programme on “Bioinformatics – A practical Workshop on Design, Tools and Techniques” in JSS College – Mysore on 15th March 17.
- Invited as a resource person for the Faculty Development Program on the topic “BIO Challenges in Computer Science” in PSGR Krishnammal College for Women – Coimbatore on 10/2/2017.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled Application of Drug Design and Next Generation Sequencing on 19th Jan 2017 at the “Faculty Development Programme – Applied Biotechnology – Hands on program” – organized by Dept. of Biotechnology, BIET, Davangere during 16th – 21st January 2017.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture in one Day National conference on “Applications of Genome Informatics in Cancer and Plant” Organized by Dept. of Zoology, Mercy College, Palakkad on 5th Jan, 2017.
- Delivered a guest lecture title ”Application of Bioinformatics” on 15/12/2016 & 29/12/2016 at JSS College, Ooty Road, Mysore.
- Invited as a resource person for one day national level workshop title “ Application of next generation Sequencing” on 21/12/2016 at the department of Biotechnology, Kongunadu Arts & Science College, Coimbatore.
- Invited as a Resource person for one day workshop on “Basics of Next Generation Sequencing Technologies and its applications” at The department of Bioscience, CMR Institute of Management Studies, bangalore on 21 October 2016.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture and Hands on training in Faculty Development Program on “Computational Tools for OMICS Data Analysis” at MSRIT, Bangalore on 11-15th July 2016.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled “Applications of Bioinformatics” at MMK & SDM College for women Mysore, Karnataka 5700004. 13th April 2016.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled at 2 Days National Level Workshop on “Bioinformatics: An Interface between Biology and Computer Science” Organized by Department of Biotechnology, Department of Computer Science University College of Science and Center for Industrial Computer, Tumkur University, Tumkur on 28th and 29th March, 2016 (UGC Sponsored).
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled “Next Generation Sequencing” at BTFS students of MLACW College, Bangalore on 27th and 28th of February 2016.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled “Application of Next Generation Sequencing in Cancer Research” on 20 January 2016 at the Faculty Development Programme organized by Dept. of Biotechnology, BIET, Davangere during 18-23 January 2016.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled “Bioinformatics, Proteomics and Genomics ” at Krupanidhi Degree College, Bangalore, 10-12th April 2015.
- Delivered invited Guest Lecture titled “Applications of Genome Informatics with NGS” at GMIT, Davangere on 31 October 2015.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled “Next Generation Sequencing” on 20 January 2015 at the Faculty Development Programme – “Techniques In Biotehcnology – Hands-On Workshop” – organized by Dept. of Biotechnology, BIET, Davangere during 22nd January 2015.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled “Bioinformatics” at Krupanidhi Degree College, Bangalore, 10 – 11 May 2014.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture and Workshop on “Genomics and Proteomics” at GMIT, Davanagere, 14 May 2014.
- Chief guest for the workshop on “Emerging trends in Bioinformatics”, at CMS college of science and commerce, Coimbatore, 28-29 January 2013
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled “Applications of Bioinformatics” at Sridevi Institute of Engineering and Technology(SIET), Tumkur, Karnataka. 8 May 2012.
- Chief guest at Faculty Training Program and Delivered a Guest Lecture titled on “Computer Aided drug Designing”, at CMS college of science and commerce, Coimbatore18-19 June 2012
- Participated at Two Day National Conference on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, DOSR in Botany Tumkur University, Tumakuru. 12th and 13th June 2017.
- Oral Presentation at “First UAEU Symposium on Biological Sciences, United Arab Emirates University” on November 13-15 2016. with Travel Award.
- Poster presentation at National Symposium on “Next Generation Sequencing and Microarray Data Analysis” at MSRIT, Bangalore Jan 2016.
- Presented a poster titled “Identification and evaluation of potential lead compound for Parkinson’s disease by insilico and proteomics approach” at The 13th Annual MCBIOS (MidSouth Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Society) Conference – March 3-5, 2016 organized by Memphis University, Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America (USA).
- Presented a poster titled “Identification of potential inhibitor against H5N1 Influenza virus using In Silico approach” in UGC sponsored national level conference on “Emerging Protein Technologies for Formulation Solution” organized by Tumkur University, India, 2014.
- Presented a poster titled “Comparative modulating effect of Embelin and Sulfasalazine against NF-KB: in silico and in vivo studies” at International Conference on Structural and Functional Genomics (ICSAFG 2013) organized by SASTRA university, India.
- Presented a poster titled “Insilico analysis and identification of possible inhibitor for new H1N1 Influenza Virus”in national level conference on “Computational Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences & Life Sciences” organized by Bangalore University, India, 2012.
- Attended QIP Short Term Course on “Biology for Engineers” at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Mumbai during 06 – 11 June 2016.
- Attended Two days workshop on “Out Come – Based Education” at BMS College, Bangalore, August 2-3, 2015.
- Attended five day Targeted Proteomics Workshop and International Symposium titled “Trans-Proteomic Pipeline Workshop” at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Mumbai during 10-14 December 2015.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Chemical Science Transactions
- Member of organizing committee of “International Technical Seminar on Contemporary Advances in Biotechnology & Allied Sciences” held at the Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka, India on 20th May 2015.
- Member of organizing committee of “International Conference on Green and Clean Technology” held at the Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka, India on 14-15 February 2015.
- Member of organizing committee of annual “National Technical Symposium BioChESS” held at the Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka, India on 17th October 2014.