Mr. VIVEK CHANDRAMOHAN
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No : +91 9902382083, 0816-2214039
Research Page: http://vivekbioinf.wix.com/insilicosit
Mr. Vivek Chandramohan is working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology of SIT, Tumkur. He has obtained his B.Sc Degree in Plant Biotechnology and Bioinformatics and M.Sc in Bioinformatics from Bharathiar University, India. He is pursuing his Ph.D in Biotechnology under VTU, India. Prior to this position, he was working as Senior Bioinformatics Analyst at Aetitea Life Sciences Research Ltd, Chennai. His area of interests is Genomics and Proteomics (Cancer Genomics and Metabolomics), Next Generation Sequencing and Big data analysis (Cloud Computing), Molecular modelling and Drug designing. He has also worked as the coordinator for Biotechnology Finishing School (BTFS) – PG Diploma in Bioinformatics and Rational Drug Designing. He has received several awards and has 22 publications and 1 patent filed to his credit. He is working with people from many national and international universities. He has delivered more than 25 guest lecture from various colleges. He has attended and participated in more than 12 national ans international conferences. He has a professional membership of Chemical Science Transactions.
|Pursuing Ph.D.||Biotechnology||On Going||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum|
|M.Sc||Bioinformatics||2009||Bharathiar University, Coimbatore|
|B.Sc||Plant Biology and Biotechnology||2007||Bharathiar University, Coimbatore|
|Backup Coordinator||Biotechnology Finishing School (BTFS), Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||Sep 2014 to till date||Teaching|
|Assistant Professor||Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||Sep 2011 to till date||Teaching|
|Senior Bioinformatics Analyst||Aetitea Life Sciences Research Ltd, Chennai.||Sep 2009 to Aug 2011||Industry|
|No||Name of the Investigator||Title of the Project||Duration||Amount in Rs||Funding Agency||Project Status|
|1||Identification of Drug Resistant Mutation in Brest Cancer Sample Using Next Generation Sequencing Approach||2016 – 17||7,000||KSCST||Ongoing|
MR. VIVEK CHANDRAMOHAN
|Biotechnology Skill Enhancement Programme [BiSEP]
[PHASE – II]
|2017 – 22||10,000,00
AREA OF INTERESTS / RESEARCH
- Genomics and Proteomics (Cancer Genomics and Metabolomics)
- Next Generation Sequencing and Big data analysis (Cloud Computing)
- Molecular modeling and Drug designing
HONOURS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Patent filed – Potential Inhibitor of Dengue Virus NS2B-NS3 Protease
- Secured excellent paper award at National Level Biotechnology Symposium SYNMBIOT 2017 at Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal on 11th and 12th of August 2017.
- Secured 3rd place for the award of Best Poster abstract titled “Identification and evaluation of potential lead compound for Parkinson’s disease by in silico and proteomics approach” at The 13th Annual MCBIOS (MidSouth Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Society) Conference – March 3-5, 2016 organized by Memphis University, Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America (USA). Awarded 100 $ & with Travel Award.
- Oral Presentation at First UAEU Symposium on Biological Sciences, United Arab Emirates University, Dubai on November 13-15 2016. with Travel Award.
- Secured 2nd place for the award of Best Poster abstract titled “Comparative modulating effect of Embelin and Sulfasalazine against NF-KB: in silico and in vivo studies” at International Conference on Structural and Functional Genomics (ICSAFG 2013) organized by SASTRA university, India.
- Dr. Meenakshisundaram Balasubramaniam, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Little Rock, AR, USA
- Dr. Sathishkumar. N, Post Doctoral Researcher, Sunchon National University, Suncheon,Republic of Korea
- Dr. S. Sreenivasa, Department of Studies and Research in Chemistry, Tumkur University, Tumkur, Karnataka, India.
- Dr. H.S. Lalithamba, Department Chemistry, SIT, Tumkur, Karnataka, India.
- Dr. Keshava Prasad, Institute of Bioinformatics, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
Impact Analysis (as of 29 October 2017): Total Citations: 33, h-index: 4, i10-index: 0
- Yoganarasimha, B., Chandramohan, V*., Murthy, T. P. K., Gangadharappa, B. S., Siddaiah, G. B., & Hanumanthappa, M. (2017). Prediction of deleterious single nucleotide polymorphisms and their effect on the sequence and structure of the human CCND1 gene. Journal of Taibah University Medical Sciences, 12(3), 221-228.
- Naika, H. R., Bhavana, S., Da Silva, J. A. T., Lingaraju, K., Chandramohan, V., & Krishna, V. (2016). In silico and in vivo wound healing studies of ursolic acid isolated from Clematis gouriana against GSK-3 beta. NUSANTARA BIOSCIENCE, 8(2), 232-244.
- S. Sreenivasa , Shivaraja.G , Chandramohan, V , Shwetha S.N , Aliyaarif and Guruprasad.K.S. (2016). Synthesis, Characterization, Antibacterial and Docking Study of Sulfonamide Derivatives. Journal of Applicable Chemistry. 5 (5):1089-1096.
- Theodore, T., & Hiremath, P. G.P. N. Navya., Chandramohan, V. (2016). Isolation, screening, and identification of fungal organisms for biosorption of fluoride: Kinetic study and statistical optimization of biosorption parameters. Journal of Biochemical Technology, 7(1), 1069-1077.
- Uma, K., Lalithamba, H. S., Raghavendra, M., Chandramohan, V, & Anupama, C. (2016). Synthesis of Nα-protected aminoacid/peptide Weinreb amides employing N, N’-carbonyldiimidazole as activating agent; studies on docking and antibacterial activities. ARKIVOC, 4, 339 – 351. (Impact Factor – 1.165).
- Naika, H. R., Lingaraju, K., Chandramohan, V., & Krishna, V. (2015). Evaluation of Phytoconstituents and Molecular Docking Against NS3 Protease of Hepatitis C Virus. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacology, 2(2), 96-103.
- Chandramohan, V*., Kaphle, A., Chekuri, M., Gangarudraiah, S., & Bychapur Siddaiah, G. (2015). Evaluating Andrographolide as a Potent Inhibitor of NS3-4A Protease and Its Drug-Resistant Mutants Using In Silico Approaches. Advances in virology, 2015. (Citations≥2)(Citations≥5)
- Chandramohan, V*., Nagaraju, N., Rathod, S., Kaphle, A., & Muddapur, U. (2015). Identification of deleterious SNPs and their effects on structural level in CHRNA3 gene. Biochemical genetics, 53(7-8), 159. (Impact Factor – 1.543). (Citations≥4)
- Naika, H. R., Krishna, V., Lingaraju, K., Chandramohan, V., Dammalli, M., Navya, P. N., & Suresh, D. (2015). Molecular docking and dynamic studies of bioactive compounds from Naravelia zeylanica (L.) DC against glycogen synthase kinase-3β protein. Journal of Taibah University for Science, 9(1), 41-49. (Citations≥2).
- Jagatheesh K, Chandramohan, V & Elangovan Namasivayam. (2014) “In Silico Evaluation of Anti-Cancer Peptides on Brca1 Targeting”, Asian Journal of Biological Sciences, 7(4), 178-182.
- Dammalli, M., Chandramohan, V., Biradar, M. I., Nagaraju, N., & Gangadharappa, B. S. (2014). In silico analysis and identification of novel inhibitor for new H1N1 swine influenza virus. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, 4, S635-S640. (Citations≥6).
- Chandramohan, V*, Manjunath Dammalli, Mahantesh Biradar, Richard L. Jayaraj, Paresh Nath Kundu & B S Gowrishankar. (2014). “Structure prediction and active site analysis of new h1n1 neuraminidase: target for antiviral drug design.” Chemical Science Transactions, 3(4), 1460-1468.
- H.B.V. Sowmya, T.H. Suresha Kumara, Gopalpur Nagendrappa, Jerry P. Jasinski , Sean P. Millikan, Chandramohan, V, Gilish Jose, S.K. Rashmi, N. Chandrika & Appaji M. Ashwini. (2014). “Synthesis and Molecular Docking Study of Novel Pyrazolo[3,4-b] quinoline Derivatives” Journal of Applicable Chemistry, 3 (6).
- Vineeth B, Priyanka B, Ramesh B S, Makari Hanumanthappa K, Vinay Suvarna M N & Chandramohan, V. (2014). “Isolation and partial characterization of Cronobactersakazakii by 16S rRNA sequence analysis isolated from milk of dairy cows with Mastitis in Chikmagalur, Karnataka, INDIA”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 5(4), P. 671-680.
- Hamsa, N. S., Vandana P. Nair, Chandramohan, V, and Seema J. Patel.(2013). “Pharmacophore elucidation and docking studies on anti-inflammatory compounds of medicinal plants for ulcerative colitis.” Asian J Pharm Clin Res, 6(3), 56-61. (Citations≥5).
- Nair Vandana P, N S Hamsa, Chandramohan, V, Patel Seema. (2013). “In-silico docking studies for the comparative analysis of natural and synthetic compounds against leptospirainterrogans”, International Journal of Drug Development & Research., 5(3), P. 361-370.
- Richard.L.Jayaraj, Chandramohan, V, Manjunath Dammalli, John Ravindar D, Manigandan K, Pavan Kumar Padarthi, Namasivayam Elangovan. (2013). “Computational Strategy for Identifying Inhibitors of AlphaSynuclein Aggregation In Parkinson Disease”, An International Journal of Advances in Pharmaceutical Sciences, 4(5), P. 1029-1045.
- Kavyashree U, Thirveni T G, Chandramohan, V. (2013). “In Silico Novel Synthetic Drug Design and Pharmcophore Analysis for Campylobacteriosis”, International Journal of Pharmacy Research and Technology, 3(3), P. 19-24.
- Makari Hanumanthappa K, Palaniswamy M, Angayarkanni J, Manjunath Dammalli, Chandramohan, V. (2013). “16S rRNA partial sequence analysis of Ralstoniasolanacearum isolated from wilting ginger (Zingiberofficinale) and potato (Solanumtuberosum) crops in Hassan District, Karnataka”, International Journal Of Scientific Research, 2 (11), P. 2277 – 8179.
- Padarthi Pavan Kumar, Chandramohan, V, and Richard L. Jayaraj. Jagatheesh K and Elangovan Namasivayam. (2012). “Chalcones as effective Antimicrobials–a comparative in silico approach” International Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 3, no. 4, 67-74. (Citations≥3).
- Richard L Jayaraj, Chandramohan, V, Elangovan Namasivayam. (2013). Nanomedicine for Parkinson disease: Current status and future perspective. Int. J. Pharm. Bio. Sci, 4, 692. (Citations≥2)
BOOK AND BOOK CHAPTERS
- Hithesh Kumar, Vivek Chandramohan*, Smrithy M Simon, Rahul Yadav, Shashi Kumar. Big Data Analysis Techniques for Visualization of Genomics in Medicinal Plants, Handbook of Research on Big Data Storage and Visualization Techniques, 2017. Book published by IGI Global, edited by Richard Segall (Accepted)
WORKSHOP / CONFERENCE / FDP ATTENDED / GUEST LECTURES DELIVERED
GUEST LECTURES DELIVERED
- Delivered guest lecture on “Protein Structure prediction and Docking” organized by Department of Life Sciences, Garden City University, Bangalore -37 on 26th October 2017
- Delivered guest lecture and hands-on-session on “NGS Data Analsyis” held on 12th and 13th October 2017 organized by Bioinformatics Center, Kerala Agriculture university, Thrissur.
- Delivered a special lecture on “Bioinformatics & its applications” in the CPE sponsored one day workshop on “Bioinformatics and Microbial Techniques” organized by Department of Microbiology, University College of Science, Tumkur University, Tumkur on 12th September 17. Sponsored by CPE (College for Potential Excellence)
- Invited as a resource person for one day workshop on “Basics of New generation sequencing and its applications” organized by Department of Microbiology, Indian Academy Degree College, Bangalore on 7th April 17.
- Invited as a resource person for the UGC Sponsored programme on “Bioinformatics – A practical Workshop on Design, Tools and Techniques” in JSS College – Mysore on 15th March 17.
- Invited as a resource person for the Faculty Development Program on the topic “BIO Challenges in Computer Science” in PSGR Krishnammal College for Women – Coimbatore on 10/2/2017.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled Application of Drug Design and Next Generation Sequencing on 19th Jan 2017 at the “Faculty Development Programme – Applied Biotechnology – Hands on program” – organized by Dept. of Biotechnology, BIET, Davangere during 16th – 21st January 2017.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture in one Day National conference on “Applications of Genome Informatics in Cancer and Plant” Organized by Dept. of Zoology, Mercy College, Palakkad on 5th Jan, 2017.
- Delivered a guest lecture title ”Application of Bioinformatics” on 15/12/2016 & 29/12/2016 at JSS College, Ooty Road, Mysore.
- Invited as a resource person for one day national level workshop title “ Application of next generation Sequencing” on 21/12/2016 at the department of Biotechnology, Kongunadu Arts & Science College, Coimbatore.
- Invited as a Resource person for one day workshop on “Basics of Next Generation Sequencing Technologies and its applications” at The department of Bioscience, CMR Institute of Management Studies, bangalore on 21 October 2016.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture and Hands on training in Faculty Development Program on “Computational Tools for OMICS Data Analysis” at MSRIT, Bangalore on 11-15th July 2016.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled “Applications of Bioinformatics” at MMK & SDM College for women Mysore, Karnataka 5700004. 13th April 2016.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled at 2 Days National Level Workshop on “Bioinformatics: An Interface between Biology and Computer Science” Organized by Department of Biotechnology, Department of Computer Science University College of Science and Center for Industrial Computer, Tumkur University, Tumkur on 28th and 29th March, 2016 (UGC Sponsored).
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled “Next Generation Sequencing” at BTFS students of MLACW College, Bangalore on 27th and 28th of February 2016.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled “Application of Next Generation Sequencing in Cancer Research” on 20 January 2016 at the Faculty Development Programme organized by Dept. of Biotechnology, BIET, Davangere during 18-23 January 2016.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled “Bioinformatics, Proteomics and Genomics ” at Krupanidhi Degree College, Bangalore, 10-12th April 2015.
- Delivered invited Guest Lecture titled “Applications of Genome Informatics with NGS” at GMIT, Davangere on 31 October 2015.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled “Next Generation Sequencing” on 20 January 2015 at the Faculty Development Programme – “Techniques In Biotehcnology – Hands-On Workshop” – organized by Dept. of Biotechnology, BIET, Davangere during 22nd January 2015.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled “Bioinformatics” at Krupanidhi Degree College, Bangalore, 10 – 11 May 2014.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture and Workshop on “Genomics and Proteomics” at GMIT, Davanagere, 14 May 2014.
- Chief guest for the workshop on “Emerging trends in Bioinformatics”, at CMS college of science and commerce, Coimbatore, 28-29 January 2013
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled “Applications of Bioinformatics” at Sridevi Institute of Engineering and Technology(SIET), Tumkur, Karnataka. 8 May 2012.
- Chief guest at Faculty Training Program and Delivered a Guest Lecture titled on “Computer Aided drug Designing”, at CMS college of science and commerce, Coimbatore18-19 June 2012
- Chandramohan v et al., “De novo Transcriptome Analysis of Non-model Plant Andrographis paniculata using mRNA-Seq data for Gene Discovery and Marker Identification” at “First UAEU Symposium on Biological Sciences, United Arab Emirates University” on November 13-15 2016.
- Chandramohan v et al., “Identification and evaluation of potential lead compound for Parkinson’s disease by insilico and proteomics approach” at The 13th Annual MCBIOS (MidSouth Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Society) Conference – organized by Memphis University, Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America (USA). March 3-5, 2016
- Chandramohan v et al., “Synthesis and antimicrobial studies of modified Gallic acid derivatives employing in-silico and in-vitro approach” at “2 Days National Level Conference on Contemporary Research in Advanced Material Sciences – CRAMS’16” on 04th and 05th February 2016.
- Chandramohan v et al., “Identification of potential inhibitor against H5N1 Influenza virus using In Silico approach” at UGC sponsored national level conference on “Emerging Protein Technologies for Formulation Solution” organized by Tumkur University, India, 2014.
- Chandramohan v et al., “Comparative modulating effect of Embelin and Sulfasalazine against NF-KB: in silico and in vivo studies” at International Conference on Structural and Functional Genomics (ICSAFG 2013) organized by SASTRA university, India. (Best Poster). 2013.
- Chandramohan v et al., “Insilico analysis and identification of possible inhibitor for new H1N1 Influenza Virus” at national level conference on “Computational Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences & Life Sciences” organized by Bangalore University, India, 2012.
- Attended QIP Short Term Course on “Biology for Engineers” at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Mumbai during 06 – 11 June 2016.
- Attended Two days workshop on “Out Come – Based Education” at BMS College, Bangalore, August 2-3, 2015.
- Attended five day Targeted Proteomics Workshop and International Symposium titled “Trans-Proteomic Pipeline Workshop” at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Mumbai during 10-14 December 2015.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Chemical Science Transactions
- The Human Proteome Organization (HUPO)
- Coordinator and organizing committee of “Srjana” held at the Department Biotechnology and Chemical Engg, Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka, India on 20th March 2017 to 1st April 2017.
- Member of organizing committee of “Advanced Lecture Series in Ocular Pharmacology – I, Recent Trends with a Focus on Nanomedicine” held at the Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka, India on 8th and 9th august 2015.
- Member of organizing committee of “International Technical Seminar on Contemporary Advances in Biotechnology & Allied Sciences” held at the Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka, India on 20th May 2015.
- Member of organizing committee of “International Conference on Green and Clean Technology” held at the Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka, India on 14-15 February 2015.
- Member of organizing committee of annual “National Technical Symposium BioChESS” held at the Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka, India on 17th October 2014.