Dr. B S GOWRISHANKAR
Professor & Head
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No : +91 9844461940, 0816-2214039
Research Page: Research Page Link
Dr. B. S. Gowrishankar is currently the Professor and Head of the Department of Biotechnology. He graduated with B.E. in chemical engineering from Bangalore University, India. He pursued his M.E. in Bangalore University and graduated from IIT, Madras with a Ph. D. in Chemical Engineering. He has worked as production manager in INCAP paints, Peenya, Bangalore. He has a teaching experience of around 20 years at SIT. His area of research is production and purification of enzymes from various microbial, plant and animal cells, also optimization techniques in product development, Bioinformatics, synthesis, analysis and characterization of nanoparticles and Bioremediation. He also serves as the coordinator of Biotechnology Finishing School (BTFS). He has attended several national and international conferences at various places. He has 13 publications to his credit which are of national and international repute. Also, he is a member of many professional bodies.
|Ph.D.||Chemical Engineering||2006||IIT Madras, Chennai|
|M.Tech||Chemical Engineering||1994||Bangalore University, Bangalore|
|B.E||Chemical Engineering||1992||Bangalore University, Bangalore|
|Coordinator||Biotechnology Finishing School (BTFS), Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||Sep 2011 to till date||Teaching|
|Professor and Head||Department of Biotechnology, Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||Dec 2008 to till date||Teaching|
|Assistant Professor||Department of Chemical Engineering, Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||2004 – 2008||Teaching|
|Lecturer||Department of Chemical Engineering, Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||1996 – 2004||Teaching|
|Production Manager||INCAP Paints, Peenya Indl. Area, Bangalore||1995-1996||Industry|
Amount in `
AICTE, New Delhi
Production and purification of esterases from microorganisms
AREA OF INTERESTS / RESEARCH
- Production and purifications of enzymes from various microbial, animal and plant cells
- Optimization techniques in product development
- Synthesis, Characterization and analysis of nano particles
- Bioremediation – treatment of hazardous chemicals in industrial waste water through nano films
HONOURS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Coordinator for establishing of BTFS program with Rs.1 crore from KBITS-IT,BT and S&T, Government of Karnataka. (2011 – 2016)
Impact Analysis (as of 24 August 2017): Total Citations: 223, h-index: 3, i10-index: 2
- Bagali, S. S., Gowrishankar, B. S., & Roy, A. S. (2017). Optimization, Kinetics, and Equilibrium Studies on the Removal of Lead (II) from an Aqueous Solution Using Banana Pseudostem as an Adsorbent. Engineering, 3(3), 409-415.
- Dammalli, M., Dey, G., Madugundu, A. K., Kumar, M., Rodrigues, B., Gowda, H., Byachapur, G. S., Mahadevan, A., Shankar S. K., Prasad, T. S. K. (2017). Proteomic analysis of the human olfactory bulb. OMICS: A Journal of Integrative Biology. In press.
- Somalapura, B. G., Dammalli, M., Rajashekarappa, S., Pandurangappa K. T., Bychapur, G. S. (2017). Review article: Reverse micelles as a bioseperation tool for enzymes. Journal of Proteins and Proteomics. 8 (2). 2017. 105-120. (Cover page)
- Yoganarasimha, B., Chandramohan, V., Murthy, T. P. K., Gangadharappa, B. S., Siddaiah, G. B., & Hanumanthappa, M. (2017). Prediction of deleterious single nucleotide polymorphisms and their effect on the sequence and structure of the human CCND1 gene. Journal of Taibah University Medical Sciences, 12(3), 221-228.
- Vivek Chandramohan., Kaphle, A., Chekuri, M., Gangarudraiah, S., & B S Gowrishankar. (2015). Evaluating Andrographolide as a Potent Inhibitor of NS3-4A Protease and Its Drug-Resistant Mutants Using In Silico Approaches. Advances in virology, 2015.
- Vivek Chandramohan, Manjunath Dammalli, Mahantesh Biradar, Richard L. Jayaraj, Paresh Nath Kundu & B S Gowrishankar.”Structure prediction and active site analysis of new h1n1 neuraminidase: target for antiviral drug design.” Chemical Science Transactions, (2014), 3(4), 1460-1468.
- Bagali, S. S., Mural, P. K. S., & Gowrishankar, B. S. (2013). Optimization of single stage centrifugal compressor driven by a turbine with anti-surge. Journal of Engineering Studies and Research, 19(3), 7.
- Ghosh, R., Gowrishankar, B. S., & Bagali, S. S. (2013). Biosorption of chromium (vi) using Aspergillus niger. International Journal of Bioassays, 2(06), 880-882.
- Gowrishankar, B. S., & Prasad, R. K. (2012). Optimization of Media to Improve Macrolide Antibiotic Production while Minimizing Impurities. Research & Reviews: A Journal of Biotechnology, 2(1).
- Vishwanatha, H. N., Babu, P. N., Gowrishankar, B. S., & Shridhar, S. B. (2012). Antimicrobial activity of zerumbone from zingiber zurumbet against staphylococcus epidermidis and aspergillus spp. (Citations≥1).
- Sridhara, V., Gowrishankar, B. S., Snehalatha, & Satapathy, L. N. (2009). Nanofluids—a new promising fluid for cooling. Transactions of the Indian Ceramic Society, 68(1), 1-17. (Citations≥16)
- Panda, T., & Gowrishankar, B. S. (2008). Critical analysis of application of generalized distance function for optimization of important variables for esterase synthesis by Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Bioresource technology, 99(13), 5545-5555. (Citations≥1).
- Panda, T., & Gowrishankar, B. S. (2005). Production and applications of esterases. Applied microbiology and biotechnology, 67(2), 160-169. (Citations≥170).
WORKSHOP / FDP ATTNDED / GUEST LECTURES DELIVERED
- Deliverd guest lecture on “ Fermentation Technology “ in the CPE sponsered one day seminor on “Biotechnology and its Application” held on 1st Sepetember 2017 organised by Department of Biotechnology, University of College Science, Tumkur University, Tumkur.
- Attended Second Residential Programme on Knowledge and Innovation Management from May 31 – June 04 2014 at Leh, National Productivity Council.
- Attended a two-day International Conference on “Green and Clean Technologies in Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology held during 14th and 15th February 2014 funded by TEQIP II and State Pollution Board and organized by SIT, Tumkur.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Indian Society For Technical Education (ISTE)
- Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE)
- Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (MISTE)