Mrs. ROOPA K B
Mrs. Roopa. K. B. is working as an assistant professor at the Department of Biotechnology at Siddaganga Institute of Technology for over 10 years. She is currently pursuing her Ph. D. in Microbiology at Jain University. She is graduated with B. Sc. (CBZ) and M. Sc. in Microbiology from Bangalore University. Prior to joining SIT, she was working as a lecturer at Siddaganga College of Arts and Science for 5 years. She has guided several undergraduate research students in her research expertise. Her areas of research are in the field of Environmental Microbiology (Biodegradation of dyes) and Molecular biology. She is also a coordinator and facilitator for major projects and mini projects in the department and a member for BOS and BOE. She has presented her research in various national and international journals. And also, she is a member of various professional bodies.
|Ph. D||Microbiology||Thesis Submitted||Jain University, India|
|M.Sc||Microbiology||2002||Kuvempu University, India.|
|B.Sc||Chemistry, Zoology and Microbiology||1999||Bangalore University, India.|
|Assistant Professor||Department of Biotechnology, Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||Aug 2007 to till date||Teaching|
|Lecturer||Siddaganga College of Arts, science and Commerce for Women, Tumkur||Jun 2002 to 2007||Teaching|
Amount in `
|Identification of lead compound against nuclear factor kappa B (NF–κB) of ulcerative colitis by virtual screening of medicinal plant compounds and invivo test on acetic acid induced u. colitis experimental rats||2.2 Lakhs||
AREA OF INTERESTS / RESEARCH
- Environmental Microbiology (Biodegradation of dyes)
- Molecular Biology
Roopa K. B. and Usha M.S. (2017). Partial purification and assay of azoreductase and laccase in the degradation of Reactive Black 5 dye from Aeromonas Punctata. International Journal of Latest Research in Engineering and Technology. 3(7): 16-19.
Roopa Kambathanalli Basavaraju and Usha Malavalli Subbaiah (2017). PCR analysis of genes from Aeromonas punctata for Reactive Black 5 dye. International Journal of pure and applied Biosciences. 5(5): 380-385.
WORKSHOP / CONFERENCE / FDP ATTENDED / GUEST LECTURES DELIVERED
GUEST LECTURES DELIVERED
- Presented a paper on “Production of Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) form bio-wastes” at International conference on Research Trends in Engineering, Applied Science and management (ICRTESM-2018) organised by Indian Council of Social Science Research, North West Regional Centre, Punjab University Campus Chandigarh, India on 11th March 2018.
- Presented a paper on “Study of intermediates in degradation of Reactive Black 5 dye by Aeromonas Punctata” at National level seminar on Recent advances and development in Microbial technology organized by Department of Microbiology, Government College, Kalaburagi on Sep 15th and 16th 2017.
- Presented a paper on “Partial purification of peroxidases from Aeromonas punctata in degradation of Reactive Black 5 dye” at International level conference on Green technologies for sustainable ecosystem and trade show organized by Department of Botany, St.Joseph College, Bengaluru on Feb 26th – 27th 2016.
- Presented a poster on “Partial purification of azoreductase and laccase involved in degradation of Reactive Black 5 dye” at National level conference on Current scenario and future prospects of Biotechnology in diverse sectors (CSFPB-2016) organized by Department of Biotechnology, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam, Tamilnadu on Jan 21st –22nd 2016.
- Presented a poster on “Role of enzymes in the degradation of Reactive Black 5 dye by a strain of Aeromonas punctata” at National level conference on Empowering Mankind with Microbial Technologies (AMI-EMMT-2014) organized by Department of Agricultural Microbiology, Agricultural university, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu on Nov 12th – 14th 2014.
- Participated two day skill development programme organized by Centre for Research in Social sciences and Education, Jain University, Bangalore, held on 19th and 20th July 2013.
- Participated one day lecture series ‘JAIVIKA CHETHANA’ held on 5th March 2013 at school of Graduate Studies, J.C.Road, Bangalore.
- Presented a paper on “PCR analysis of genes from Aeromonas punctata for Reactive Black 5 dye” at National level conference on Emerging trends in therapeutic enzymes production organized by Department of Life Sciences, Garden City College, Bengaluru on Oct 19th 2016.
- Presented a paper on “Production of GABA from biowates” at international conference on ICRTEMS organized by academic science in association with punjab university campus , chandigarh on 11th 2018.