Mrs. ANUPAMA C
Email : email@example.com
Contact No : +91 9886027774, 0816-2214039
Research Page: Research Page Link
Mrs. Anupama is an Assistant professor in the Department of Biotechnology at Siddaganga Institute of Technology since 2007. She is graduated with B. Sc. (Chemistry, Zoology, Microbiology) from Bangalore University and M. Sc. (Biochemistry) from Kuvempu University and M. Phil (Biotechnology) from Bharatidasan University. Her areas of interests are Biochemistry, Extraction of secondary metabolites from plants and synthesis of nanoparticles through green approach. She has handled many of administrative processes in the department being the departmental NBA coordinator, TEQIP coordinator, Test coordinator. She has presented her research at various conferences. She is also involved in imparting Hands on training of Fermentor to Biocon Academy students. She has guided several undergraduate research students of the department for their mini and major projects and has few publications in journals to her credit. She is also a member of Society of Biological chemist.
|Pursuing Ph.D.||Biotechnology||Ongoing||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum|
|M.Phil||Biotechnology||2008||Bharathidasan University, India|
|M.Sc||Biochemistry||2005||Kuvempu University, India.|
|B.Sc||Chemistry, Zoology and Microbiology||2003||Bangalore University, India.|
|Assistant Professor||Department of Biotechnology, Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||Aug 2007 to till date||Teaching|
Amount in `
Center of Excellence [TEQIP – II]
Visible detection of pesticides (organophosphates) in food samples using silver and gold nanoparticles
AREA OF INTERESTS / RESEARCH
- Extraction of secondary metabolites from plants.
- Synthesis of nanoparticles by green approach.
- Nagaraju, G., Prashanth, S. A., Shastri, M., Yathish, K. V., Anupama, C., & Rangappa, D. (2017). Electrochemical heavy metal detection, Photocatalytic, Photoluminescence, Biodiesel production and Antibacterial activities of Ag-ZnO nanomaterial. Materials Research Bulletin. (in Press) (Impact Factor – 2.446)
- Nagaraju, G., Nagabhushana, H., Suresh, D., Anupama, C., Raghu, G. K., & Sharma, S. C. (2017). Vitis labruska skin extract assisted green synthesis of ZnO super structures for multifunctional applications. Ceramics International. (in Press) (Impact Factor – 2.986)
- Uma, K., Lalithamba, H. S., Raghavendra, M., Vivek Chandramohan, & Anupama, C. (2016). Synthesis of Nα-protected aminoacid/peptide Weinreb amides employing N, N’-carbonyldiimidazole as activating agent; studies on docking and antibacterial activities. ARKIVOC,4, 339-351. (Impact Factor – 1.65).
- Mamatha Chekuri, Sindhu Gangadharaiah, Latha Bharadwaj Roopavatharam, Anubhav Kaphle and Anupama Chalimeswamy (2015).Green synthesis of stable Silver nanoparticles using flower extracts of Rosa Damascena: Characterization, Antimicrobial and Antioxidant activity study.4(10), 454-459.
- Udayabhanu, C Anupama, D Suresh,H Nagabhushana,S C Sharma,G Nagaraju.2015.Grape juice supported synthesis of ZnO nanoparticles : Photo catalytic and antimicrobial activities.81-83. ISBN No: 978-93-83-826394-23-6.National conference on Applications of Nanotechnology in Environmental Remediation sponsored by Science and Engg board,Tumkur University on 7 Oct 2015
- Raghavendra M,Uma K, Vivek Chandramohan, Anupama C, Lalithamba H S.2015.One pot synthesis, molecular docking and biological evaluation of potent Nα-ureido peptides’’. presented in 5th Indian Peptide Symposium: on 24-25 Sep 2015 in JNCASR
- Veeraiah, P. Hemalatha, K. V. Anasuya, C. Anupama, Mousumi Das.2016. A Comparative Study on the Antimicrobial Property of Quaternised Copolymers N-vinylpyrrolidone – Dimethyl Amino Ethyl Methacrylate and N-vinylpyrrolidone – Vinyl Benzyl Chloride. Indian Journal of Advances in Chemical Science. S1: 17-21. ISSN No.: 2320-0898.( An International Peer Reviewed Chemistry Journal). GIF:0.453; SJIF :2.63; An International Conference Proceeding “ICMAT”2016,28th-29th May-2016.
- Hemalatha P., M. K. Veeraiah., K. V. Anasuya., Anupama C.Mousumi Das.2016. Studies on Copoly (N-Vinylpyrrolidone – Acrylic acid) – as an Antimicrobial. International Journal Of Innovative Research & Development. 5 ( 11).A National Conference Proceeding on “Recent Advances in Industrial Engineering and Applied Chemistry” (Under TEQIP-II 1.2) being organized by SSIT, Maraluru, Tumkur-572105 on 21st and 22nd Oct,2016.ISSN No: 2278-0211
- Ganavi Rajan B R, Manjushree C, Anupama C. 2016.Eco friendly approach to the synthesis of copper nanoparticles, characterization and its application, International Journal Of Innovative Research & Development. 5 ( 11).A National Conference Proceeding on “Recent Advances in Industrial Engineering and Applied Chemistry” (Under TEQIP-II 1.2) being organized by SSIT, Maraluru, Tumkur-572105 on 21st and 22nd Oct,2016. ISSN No: 2278-0211
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Society of Biological chemist. (Life member)
- Member of organizing committee of “International Technical Seminar on Contemporary Advances in Biotechnology & Allied Sciences” held at the Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka, India on 20th May 2015.
- Member of organizing committee of “International Conference on Green and Clean Technology” held at the Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka, India on 14-15 February 2015.
- Member of organizing committee of annual “National Technical Symposium BioChESS” held at the Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka, India on 17th October 2014.