Mr. MANJUNATH DAMMALLI
Email : email@example.com
Contact No : +91 9538083502, 0816-2214039
Research Page: Research Page Link
Mr. Manjunath Dammalli is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Biotechnology, Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumakuru. He has B.E., degree in in Biotechnology from the Visvesvaraya Technological University and M.Tech in Bioinformatics from SASTRA University, India. He pursued his Ph.D. research work at theInstitute of Bioinformatics (IOB), International Tech Park Ltd, Bangalore and NIMHANS-IOB Bioinformatics and Proteomics Laboratory, NIMHANS, Bangalore, India during (February 2014 – June 2017). During his research tenure, he has worked on mass spectrometry-based proteomics platform to understand the proteome of human tissues and body fluids in healthy and diseased conditions, He was involved Human Brain Proteome map project and understanding the proteomic profiling of neuroanatomical regions in Schizophrenia. Before joining SIT, Tumakuru in 2010, Manjunath also worked as a Senior Research Associate at Polyclone Bio services, Bangalore, India. He contributed for getting the Biotechnology Finishing School (BTFS) – PG Diploma in Bioinformatics and Rational Drug Design program to SIT under Karnataka Biotechnology and Information Technology Services (KBITS), Biotech Policy-II during 2011 and Biotechnology Skill Enhancement Program (BiSEP) in 2017. Manjunath has received 3 best poster awards for his research projects and published 10 research papers in peer reviewed international journals. At SIT, Tumakuru he is currently involved in teaching undergraduate students and post-graduate diploma students and coordinating activities.
|Ph.D.||Proteomics||Ongoing||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Karnataka, India|
|M.Tech||Bioinformatics||2009||SASTRA University, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu|
|B.E||Biotechnology||2007||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Karnataka, India|
|Ph.D. scholar||Institute of Bioinformatics, International Tech Park, Bangalore, India||Mar 2014 – June 2017||Research|
|Assistant Professor||Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||Jan 2011 – Feb 2014||Teaching|
|Lecturer||Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||Mar 2010 – Jan 2011||Teaching|
|Research Associate||Polyclone Bioservices Bangalore, Karnataka, India||Apr 2009 – Feb 2010||Industry|
|Project Trainee||Polyclone Bioservices Bangalore, Karnataka, India||Dec 2008- Apr 2009||Research|
Visvesvaraya Technological University
Identification of lead compound against nuclear factor kappa B (NF-KB) of ulcerative colitis by virtual screening on medicinal plant compounds and invivo test on acetic acid induced u. colitis experimental rats
Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology
Identification of common differentially expressed genes in lung cancer using DNA Microarray data analysis using Bio-conductor R and Gene spring
AREA OF INTERESTS / RESEARCH
HONOURS & ACHIEVEMENTS
Secured best poster award in NPSICON 2017, 2nd Annual Conference of Neuropathology Society of India at NIMHANS Convention Centre, from April 21st – 23rd 2017.
- Secured 2nd place for the award of Best Poster abstract titled “Comparative modulating effect of Embelin and Sulfasalazine against NF-KB: in silico and in vivo studies” at International Conference on Structural and Functional Genomics (ICSAFG 2013) organized by SASTRA university, India.
Impact Analysis (as of 24 August 2017): Total Citations: 17, h-index: 3, i10-index: 0
- Dammalli, M., Dey, G., Madugundu, A. K., Kumar, M., Rodrigues, B., Gowda, H., Byachapur, G. S., Mahadevan, A., Shankar S. K., Prasad, T. S. K. (2017). Proteomic analysis of the human olfactory bulb. OMICS: A Journal of Integrative Biology. In press.
- Somalapura, B. G., Dammalli, M., Rajashekarappa, S., Pandurangappa K. T., Bychapur, G. S. (2017). Review article: Reverse micelles as a bioseperation tool for enzymes. Journal of Proteins and Proteomics. 8 (2). 2017. 105-120. (Cover page)
- Dammalli, M., Murthy, K. R., Pinto, S. M., Murthy, K. B., Nirujogi, R. S., Madugundu, A. K., Dey, G., Nair, B., Gowda, H. and Prasad, T. S. K. (2017). Towards post-genomics ophthalmology: A proteomic map of the human choroid-retinal pigment epithelium tissue.OMICS: A Journal of Integrative Biology. In press.
- Prasad, T. S. K., Mohanty, A. K., Kumar, M., Sreenivasamurthy, S. K., Dey, G., Nirujogi, R. S., Pinto, S. M., Madugundu, A. K., Patil, A. H., Advani, J., Manda, S. S., Gupta, M. K., Dwivedi, S. B., Kelkar, D. S., Hall, B., Jiang, X., Peery, A., Rajagopalan, P., Yelamanchi, S. D., Solanki, H. S., Raja, R., Sathe, G. J., Chavan, S. N., Verma, R., Patel, K. M., Jain, A. P., Syed, N., Datta, K. K., Khan, A. A., Dammalli, M., Jayaram, S., Radhakrishnan, A., Mitchell, C. J., Na, C. H., Kumar, N., Sinnis, P., Sharakhov, I. V., Wang, C., Gowda, H., Tu, Z., Kumar, A., and Pandey, A. (2017). Integrating transcriptomic and proteomic data for accurate assembly and annotation of genomes.Genome Res. 2017 Jan; 27(1):133-144. (PMID: 28003436).
- Murthy, K. R., Dammalli, M., Pinto, S. M., Murthy, K. B., Nirujogi, R. S., Madugundu, A. K., Dey, G., Subbannayya, Y., Mishra, U. K., Nair, B., Gowda, H. and Prasad, T. S. K. (2016). A comprehensive proteomics analysis of the human iris tissue: Ready to embrace postgenomics precision medicine in ophthalmology? OMICS: A Journal of Integrative Biology. 20, 510-519. (PMID: 27631190).
- Naika, H. Raja, V. Krishna, K. Lingaraju, Vivek Chandramohan, Dammalli, M, P. N. Navya, & D. Suresh “Molecular docking and dynamic studies of bioactive compounds from Naraveliazeylanica (L.) DC against glycogen synthase kinase-3β protein.” Journal of Taibah University for Science 9, no. 1 (2015): 41- 49. (Citations≥2).
- Dammalli, M, Vivek Chandramohan, Mahantesh Iranna Biradar, Navya Nagaraju & Bhavya Somalapura Gangadharappa “In silico analysis and identification of novel inhibitor for new H1N1 swine influenza virus.” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease 4 (2014): S635-S640. (Citations≥2).
- Vivek Chandramohan*, Dammalli, M, Mahantesh Biradar, Richard L. Jayaraj, Paresh Nath Kundu & B S Gowrishankar.”Structure prediction and active site analysis of new h1n1 neuraminidase: target for antiviral drug design.” Chemical Science Transactions, (2014), 3(4), 1460-1468.
- L.Jayaraj, Vivek Chandramohan, Dammalli, M, John Ravindar D, Manigandan K, Pavan Kumar Padarthi, NamasivayamElangovan. “Computational Strategy for Identifying Inhibitors of AlphaSynuclein Aggregation In Parkinson Disease”, An International Journal of Advances in Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2013, 4(5), P. 1029-1045.
- Makari Hanumanthappa K, Palaniswamy M, Angayarkanni J, Dammalli, M, Vivek Chandramohan. “16S rRNA partial sequence analysis of Ralstoniasolanacearum isolated from wilting ginger (Zingiberofficinale) and potato (Solanumtuberosum) crops in Hassan District, Karnataka”, IJSR – International Journal Of Scientific Research, 2013, 2 (11), P. 2277 – 8179.
- Seema J Patel, Dammalli, M, Punit Malode, S Chetan, Umesh “Erudition of Genetic Diversity and Molecular Diversity of Finger Millet in Haveri District by RAPD” in Research & Reviews in Biosciences, volume1 issue3, RRBS 1(3), 2007, (119-122).
WORKSHOP / FDP ATTNDED / GUEST LECTURES DELIVERED
SELECTED CONFERENCES / SEMINARS
- Dammalli M, Dey G, Shankar S.K and Prasad T. S. K. Proteomics profiling of neuroanatomical regions of schizophrenia”. NPSICON 2017, 2nd Annual Conference of Neuropathology Society of India at NIMHANS Convention Centre, April, 2017. (Best poster).
- Kumar M, Dey G, Dammalli M and Prasad T. S. K. Human Brain Proteome: molecular insights into regional heterogeneity and neurological disorders. 7thAnnual Meeting of Proteomics Society, India at VIT University – Vellore, India. December 3-6, 2015.
- Dammalli et al., “Comparative modulating effect of Embelin and Sulfasalazine against NF-KB: in silico and in vivo studies” at International Conference on Structural and Functional Genomics (ICSAFG 2013) organized by SASTRA university, India. (Best Poster). 2013.
- Manish Kumar et al., Development of Primer Design Tool at JAIVIK, National Biotechnology Symposium conducted by Department of Biotechnology, G. M Institute of Technology, Davangere, Karnataka, 2011. (Best Poster)
- Dammalli et al., Identification of Novel Inhibitor for 2009 H1N1 Swine Influenza Virus Utilizing Virtual Screening with Plant Therapeutic Compounds” at National Conference on Medical Biotechnology and clinical research symposium conducted by Department of Biotechnology, Sir M V Institute of Technology, Bangalore, 02 Oct 2009.
- Dammalli et al., Application of Bioinformatics for DNA Microarray Data to Bioscience, Bioengineering and Medical Fields” at TECHNOVIST-08 National Level Symposium at Department of Bioengineering, SASTRA University Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu 1 Feb 2008
WORKSHOPS / CONFERENCE PARTICIPATED
- Participated in a short term course on Protein Structure and Design at CCE, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore from July 10-14, 2017.
- Participated in QIP Short Term Course on “Genetic Engineering and its Applications” at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, during May 2017.
- Participated in QIP Short Term Course on “Biology for Engineers” at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Mumbai during 06 – 11 June 2016.
- Participated in Proteomics Society 2014, International Conference, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Mumbai. 2014.
- Participated in NextGen Genomics, Biology, Bioinformatics and Technologies (NGBT) Conference 2014, NIMHANS, Bangalore. 2014.
- Participated in Human Genome Analysis workshop at the Institute of Bioinformatics, Bangalore, 2013.
- How to write an Effective Grant Proposal, conducted by Department of Biotechnology, New Delhi at Comfort Inn Vijay Residency, Bengaluru. 23 March 2010
- Two days Workshop on intellectual property management for Biotechnology Industry at Hotel Raj Park, Chennai. Dec 9-10 2010.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture titled “Applications of Bioinformatics in post-genomic era” at the Department of Biotechnology, BMS College for Women’s, Bangalore, 2014.
- Delivered a Guest Lecture on “Applications of Bioinformatics” at Sridevi Institute of Engineering and Technology (SIET), Tumkur, Karnataka. 8 May 2012.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Proteomics Society of India