Miss. NAVYA P N
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Contact No : +91 9620160336, 0816-2214039
Research Page: Research Page Link
Miss. Navya P N is working as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Biotechnology, S.I.T., Tumkur for more than 04 years. Prior to this position, she was working as Project Assistant at Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore. She has B.E., Degree in Biotechnology from SIT, Tumkur, India and M.Tech in Industrial Biotechnology from Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka, India. She has research interest in development of biocompatible metal nanoparticles, their surface functionalization with variety of molecules and enzymes for biological applications. She has published a number of research papers and presented her findings in various conferences. She is Co-Founder of NBIRL at the Department of Biotechnology, SIT, Tumkur. She is involved in the supervision of biotechnology engineering candidates toward their major or minor research projects at NBIRL in the discipline of nanotechnology.
|M.Tech||Industrial Biotechnology||2012||Manipal University, Manipal|
|B.E||Biotechnology||2010||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum|
|Assistant Professor||Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur||Sep 2013 to till date||Teaching & Research|
|Project Assistant||Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore||Feb – May, 2013||Research|
Production and optimization of biodiesel from mixed feed oil using response surface methodology
AREAS OF INTEREST/RESEARCH
HONOURS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Participated in the course of Japan-Asia Youth Exchange program in Science (SAKURA Exchange Program in Science) administered by Japan Science and Technology Agency at University of Miyazaki, Japan from 3-12 July 2017.
- Secured first place in the oral presentation on “Assessment of Biological activities form extracts of Myristica fragrans: An ethnomedicinal spice” in the Symbiot, a National level Technical symposium organized by Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, sponsored by DRDO on 11-12 April 2014.
- Secured first place in the oral presentation on “Bioconversion of coffee husk cellulose & statistical optimization of fermentation conditions for production of exoglucanases” in the National conference on “Appropriate technologies for Indian Food processing industries” organized by Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology, Tanjavur & University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru at UAS, GKVK campus, Bengaluru on 6 March 2012.
- Secured second place for BE academic project entitled “Antioxidant and antibacterial properties of tea under different brewing conditions” in the Department of Biotechnology, SIT, Tumkur in 2010.
- A/Prof. Harishkumar Madhyastha, Department of Applied Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan
- A/Prof. Radha Madhyastha, Department of Applied Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan
- Associate Prof. S. P. Srinivas, School of Optometry, Indiana University, Bloomington (Indiana), United States of America.
- Dr. Karunakar Kar, School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
- Prof. Neerish Revaprasadu, Department of Chemistry, University of Zululand, Umhlatuze (KwaZulu-Natal), South Africa
- A/Prof. Devendra Jain, Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, RCA, Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur (Rajasthan), India
- Dr. Hemant Kumar Daima, Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Amity University Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
- Dr. Pushpa S Murthy, Department of Spices and Flavor Sciences, CSIR-Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore, India
Impact Analysis (as on 04 April 2018); Total Citations: 106, h-index: 6, i10-index: 4
- MM Ugru, S Sheshadri, D Jain, H Madhyastha, R Madhyastha, M Maruyama, Navya PN*, HK Daima*, Insight into the composition and surface corona reliant biological behaviour of quercetin engineered nanoparticles, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 2018, 548:1-9, Publisher: Elsevier, ISSN: 0927-7757, Indexing and Abstracting: Scopus (Impact Factor – 2.714)
- Manohara S. R., Rajashekara T. N., Shubha A., Subhranshu S. S., Murugendrappa M. V. and Navya P. N., Preparation, Characterization and Spectroscopic Investigations of PEOX-PVOH Blend Films, Sensors & Transducers Journal, 2017, 210 (3):32-37, Publisher: IFSA Publishing, S.L., ISSN: 2306-8515, e-ISSN 1726-5479, Indexing and Abstracting: Google Scholar (Citations≥01)
- Sourabh Monnappa K. J., Nikhath Firdose, Madhushree G, Kaustav Nath, Navya P N*, Hemant Kumar Daima*, Influence of amino acid corona, metallic core and surface functionalization of nanoparticles on their in-vitro biological behaviour, International Journal of Nanotechnology, 2016, Accepted, In press. Publisher: Inderscience, ISSN: 1741-8151, Indexing and Abstracting: Scopus, Journal Citation Reports (Thomson Reuters) (Impact Factor – 0.502) (Citations≥04)
- Poornima G. Hiremath, Navya P.N., Vivek Chandramohan, Thomas Theodore, Isolation, screening and identification of fungal organisms for biosorption of fluoride: Kinetic study and statistical optimization of biosorption parameters, Journal of Biochemical Technology, 2016, 7 (1), 1069-1077, Publisher: Biochemical Technology Society, DOI: ISSN: 0974-2328, Indexing and Abstracting: Pubmed Central, Google Scholar (Impact Factor – 0.9443)
- Bhagya HM, Partheepan Rameshwaran, Navya PN, Pushpa S Murthy. In-vitro mycological activity of essential oil from Zingiber zerumbet Journal of Essential Oil Research, 2015, 28 (1), 1-8, Publisher: Taylor and Francis, ISSN: 2163-8152, DOI:10.1080/10412905.2015.1079274, Indexing and Abstracting: Scopus (Impact Factor – 0.871) (Citations≥01)
- Dubey, B. Anand, R. Badhwar, G. Bagler, Navya PN, H. K. Daima, K. Kar. Tyrosine- and tryptophan-coated gold nanoparticles inhibit amyloid aggregation of insulin. Amino acids, 2015, 47 (12), 2551-2560 Publisher: Springer, ISSN: 1438-2199, DOI: DOI: 10.1007/s00726-015-2046-6, Indexing and Abstracting: Scopus, Science citation index, Google Scholar (Impact Factor – 3.196) (Citations≥20)
- Ritika Mathur, N. Navya, K. Basavaraj, Pushpa S. Murthy, Bioprocess of robusta cherry coffee with polyphenol oxidase and quality enhancement, European Food Research and Technology, 2015, 240: 319–325, Publisher: Springer, ISSN: 1438-2385 , DOI: 10.1007/s00217-014-2331-8, Indexing and Abstracting: Scopus, Science citation index, Google Scholar (Impact Factor -1.433) (Citations≥02)
- Vivek Chandramohan, Navya Nagaraju, Shrikant Rathod, Anubhav Kaphle, Uday Muddapur, Identification of deleterious SNPs and their effects on structural level in CHRNA3 gene, Biochemical genetics, 2015, DOI:10.1007/s10528-015-9676-y, ISSN: 0006-2928, Indexing and Abstracting: PubMed, Science Citation Index, Scopus, Google Scholar (Impact Factor – 0.952) (Citations≥04)
- Raja Naika H, Krishna V, Lingaraju K, Vivek Chandramohan, Manjunath Dammalli, Navya P N, Molecular docking, dynamic studies of bioactive compounds from Naravelia zeylanica (L.) DC. against GSK-3 beta protein, Journal of Taibah University for Science 9, no. 1 (2015): 41- 49. Publisher: Elsevier, DOI: 10.1016/j.jtusci.2014.04.009, ISSN: 0006-2928, Indexing and Abstracting: Google Scholar (Citations≥03)
- Manjunath Dammalli, Vivek Chandramohan, Mahantesh Iranna Biradar, Navya Nagaraju, Bhavya Somalapura Gangadharappa, In silico analysis and identification of novel inhibitor for new H1N1 swine influenza virus, Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease 4 (2014): S635-S640. Publisher: Elsevier, DOI: 10.1016/S2222-1808(14)60694-0, ISSN: 2222-1808, Indexing and Abstracting: Scopus, Google Scholar (Citations≥07)
- Navya P N, Pushpa S M, Production, statistical optimization and application of endoglucanase from Rhizopus stolonifer utilizing coffee husk, Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering, 2013, 36(8): 1115-1123, Publisher: Springer, ISSN: 1615-7605, DOI: 10.1007/s00449-012-0865-3, Indexing and Abstracting: Scopus, Science citation index, Google Scholar (Impact Factor -1.901) (Citations≥11)
- Roopali N Bhoite, P N Navya, Pushpa S Murthy, Statistical optimization of bioprocess parameters for enhanced gallic acid production from coffee pulp tannins by Penicillium verrucosum, Preparative Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 2013, 43(4): 350-363, Publisher: Taylor and Francis, ISSN: 1532-2297, DOI:10.1080/10826068.2012.737399, Indexing and Abstracting: Scopus, Web of Science (Impact Factor -1.114) (Citations≥06)
- Roopali N Bhoite, Navya P N, Pushpa S Murthy, Statistical optimization, partial purification, and characterization of coffee pulp β-glucosidase and its application in ethanol production, Food Science and Biotechnology, 2013, 22(1S): 201-212, Publisher: Springer, ISSN: 2092-6456, DOI: 10.1007/s10068-013-0068-y, Indexing and Abstracting: Scopus, Science citation index expanded, Google Scholar (Impact Factor -0.699) (Citations≥06)
- Roopali N Bhoite, Navya P N, Pushpa S Murthy, Purification and characterization of a coffee pulp tannase produced by Penicillium verrucosum, Journal of Food Science and Engineering, 2013, 3: 323-331, Publisher: David Publishing, ISSN: 2159-5828, Indexing and Abstracting: Google Scholar (Citations≥10)
- Navya P N, Roopali N Bhoite and Pushpa S Murthy, Improved β-glucosidase production from Rhizopus stolonifer utilizing coffee husk, International Journal of Current Research, 2012, 4(8): 123-129, Publisher: Springer, ISSN: 0975-833X, Indexing and Abstracting: Google Scholar, PubMed (Citations≥03)
- Navya P N, Roopali N Bhoite, Pushpa S Murthy, Bioconversion of Coffee Husk Cellulose and Statistical Optimization of Process for Production of Exoglucanase by Rhizopus stolonifer, World Applied Sciences Journal, 2012, 20(6): 781-789, Publisher: IDOSI, ISSN: 1818 – 4952 (Citations≥03)
- Anubhav Kaphle, PN Navya, Akhela Umapathi, Hemant Kumar Daima. Nanomaterials for agriculture, food and environment: applications, toxicity and regulation. Environmental Chemistry Letters, 2017, 1-16, Publisher: Springer, ISSN: 1610-3661, DOI: 10.1007/s10311-017-0662-y, Indexing and Abstracting: Scopus (Impact Factor – 3.594)
- PN Navya, H. K. Daima. Rational engineering of physicochemical properties of nanomaterials for biomedical applications with nanotoxicological perspectives. Nano Convergence, 2016, 3(1): 1-14, Publisher: Springer, ISSN: 2196-5404, DOI: 10.1186/s40580-016-0064-z, Indexing and Abstracting: Scopus (Citations≥23)
- A. Umapathi, A. Kaphle, Navya PN, S. Monnappa, N. Firdose, D. Jain, S. P. Srinivas, H. K. Madhyastha, R. Madhyastha, H. K. Daima*. Chapter-3: Impact of physicochemical properties and surface chemistry of nanomaterials on toxicity, Nanotoxicology: Toxicity Evaluation, Risk Assessment and Management, 2018, pp. 35-61. Book published by CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group), edited by Vineet Kumar, Nandita Dasgupta, Shivendu Ranjan, Hardback: 9781498799416 (Front Cover, invited).
- Anubhav Kaphle, Navya PN, H. K. Daima. Contemporary developments in Nanobiotechnology: Applications, toxicity, sustainability and future perspective, Nanobiotechnology: Human Health and the Environment, 2018, Book published by CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group), edited by Alok Dhawan, Rishi Shanker, Sanjay Singh and Ashutosh Kumar (In press, invited).
- Kaphle, Navya PN, A. Umapathi, M. Chopra, H. K. Daima. Chapter-8: Nanomaterial impact, toxicity and regulation in agriculture, food and environment, Nanoscience in Food and Agriculture 5, Series volume 26 of Sustainable Agriculture Reviews Nano, 2017, pp. 205-242. Book published by Springer Nature, edited by Shivendu Ranjan, Nandita Dasgupta and Eric Lichtfouse, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-58496-6, eBook ISBN: 978-3-319-58496-6, Hardcover ISBN: 978-3-319-58495-9, Series ISSN: 2210-4410 (Invited, Citations≥02).
- H.K. Daima*, Vinay Kumar P., Rashmi S., S.R. Pandey, P.N. Navya, D. Jain, S. Mlowe, N. Revaprasadu. Chapter-1: Formulation, characterization and applications of titanium dioxide, polyoxometalates and silver nanocomposites. Advanced Manufacturing, Electronics and Microsystems – TechConnect Briefs 2016 (Washington, USA) 22-25 May 2016, Vol. 4, pp 37-40. Publisher: TechConnect, ISBN: 978-099751173-4.
- P.N. Navya, H.K. Daima*. Chapter-3: Preparation of isoniazid-coupled gold and silver nano-systems: Investigation on antibiotic corona and metal core reliant biological events. Biotech, Biomaterials and Biomedical – TechConnect Briefs 2016 (Washington, USA) 22-25 May 2016, Vol. 3, pp 65-68. Publisher: TechConnect, ISBN: 978-099751172-7.
WORKSHOP / FDP ATTNDED / GUEST LECTURES DELIVERED
- Polyoxometalates enriched antibiotic-coated silver nanoparticles for anti-tuberculosis activity in TechConnect World Innovation Conference and Expo at Washington DC on 14-17 May 2017
- Composition controlled synthesis of gold and silver nanoparticles and their sequential surface modification with enzymes: Imparting new properties in TechConnect World Innovation Conference and Expo at Washington DC on 14-17 May 2017
- Impact of altered biomolecular surface corona of gold and silver nanoparticles on their in vitro biological behavior in TechConnect World Innovation Conference and Expo at Washington DC on 14-17 May 2017
- Biomolecular surface corona of silver nanoparticles influences their in-vitro applications in International conference on Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology at VBRI, Allahabad on 1-3 March 2017
- Quercetin mediated synthesis of gold, silver and their bimetallic nanoparticles: Composition driven biological activity in International conference on Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology at VBRI, Allahabad on 1-3 March 2017
Fabrication of assorted nanoparticles with Quercetin, a phenolic compound and their usages in biomedical sciences in Advanced Lecture Series in Ocular Pharmacology II at Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bengaluru on 13-14 August 2016.
- Investigation on the effects of surface corona of gold nanoparticles and their biological applications in Advanced Lecture Series in Ocular Pharmacology II at Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bengaluru on 13-14 August 2016.
- Green synthesis of functional gold and silver nanoparticles to understand their Nano-Bio interfacial interactions in Bangalore India Nano 2016 held at Hotel Lalit Ashok, Bangalore on 3-4 March 2016.
- Influence of amino acid corona, metallic core and surface functionalization of nanoparticles on their in-vitro biological behavior in the 2nd Indo-Canadian Symposium on Nano-Science and Technology (ICSNST)-2016 held at National Institute of Engineering, Mysuru on 18-19 February 2016.
- Assessment of Biological activities form extracts of Myristica fragrans: An ethnomedicinal spice in the “Symbiot”, a National level Technical symposium organized by Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, sponsored by DRDO on 11-12 April 2014.
- Bioprocess of Robusta cherry coffee by exogenous polyphenol oxidase and enhancement of its quality in the International conference on “Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Bioengineering” organized by Society of Applied Biotechnology at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh on 28 & 29 June 2013.
- Bioconversion of coffee husk cellulose & statistical optimization of fermentation conditions for production of exoglucanases in the National conference on “Appropriate technologies for Indian Food processing industries” organized by Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology, Tanjavur & University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru at UAS, GKVK campus, Bengaluru on 6 March 2012.
- Statistical optimization of endoglucanase production from coffee husk using Rhizopus spp, at National conference on “Recent trends in Food Science and Nutrition Research”, held at CMS Jain University, Bengaluru on 15 December 2011.
- Exploitation of coffee by-products for production of value added products, at National conference on “Dissecting the complexities of Plant Biotechnology in the post-genomic era” organized by Department of Biotechnology and Centre for Bioinformation, Tumkur University, sponsored by CSIR, Delhi, held at Tumkur on 21 September 2011.
- Production of bio-ethanol from cellulosic cotton waste through microbial extracellular enzymatic hydrolysis and fermentation in IdEEEas, a National Level Technical Symposium on “Green Technology” held at Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur in 2009.
- Municipal solid waste and its role in sustainability in the National Conference on “Go Green” held at R V College of Engineering, Bengaluru in 2009.
- Participated in TEQIP sponsored National conference on “Emerging trends in Bioprocessing and Simulations” organized by Department of Biotechnology, PES Institute of Technology, Bengaluru on 12 & 13 September 2013.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Asian Federation of Biotechnology
- Member of National Advisory Committee of “International Conference on Nanotechnology in Energy, Nano-Bio Interface and Sustainable Environment (INTENSE-2017) ” held at Amity University Rajasthan from 19-21 August 2017 organized by Amity Institute of Biotechnology.
- Member of organizing committee of “International Technical Seminar on Contemporary Advances in Biotechnology & Allied Sciences” held at the Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka, India on 20th May 2015.
- Member of organizing committee of “International Conference on Green and Clean Technology” held at the Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka, India on 14-15 February 2015.
- Member of organizing committee of annual “National Technical Symposium BioChESS” held at the Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka, India on 17th October 2014.